Tuesday, September 25, 2012

London, Days 9-10

On Monday, after my run, I went down to the school office to get some books to complete my reading for the classes that I had on Tuesday.  After doing that, I went with a fellow member of my program even further downtown to check in to the library that we are members of because we are enrolled in the program.  That was quite an experience, as the library is a long stop from the nearest tube station and it was a cold, windy, rainy day.  When we finally got to the library and registered, we walked around and realized just how different libraries in the UK are from those in the US.  For one, they are stone silent.  For another, they close at 9 PM on weekdays and are not open at all on Sundays, which will take some getting used to.
After leaving the library, we took the bus home before I headed back downtown to hang out with some friends and do more reading.  One of my flatmates, Kevin, cooked a big dinner for all of us, and we closed the day with a quick trip down to a local pub.
Tuesday was class day, with lessons meeting from 10 AM until 6 PM straight through.  But after classes, we had a social gathering as an entire program, with the director and teachers all gathering with the students at a wine bar in central London.  There, we had some delicious pizza, which we enjoyed as a group before heading out for a night near Piccadilly Circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment