Monday, September 17, 2012

London, Day 2

We had orientation this morning, taking the subway or "Tube" down to the Victoria station and then walking a small distance to our lecture hall. There, I was given my class schedule and realized that I only have classes three days a week and four day weekends, which is excellent.  I do have three classes every Tuesday, however, which is a tad unfortunate.

After orientation closed, I went for a walk around downtown London with some of the kids in my program.  We walked to Big Ben, the Horse Guards Parade, St. James's Palace, and Buckingham Palace before returning to our apartment. Following an afternoon run, I returned to the apartment and went for a long walk around London, finally finding the bath towel that I had failed to back back home after nearly 90 minutes of searching.

I ate a small dinner after getting home before heading to hang out with friends at the pub, called "the Eagle" until around 11.  The bartender, Ross, was a masters student at LSE and really a nice guy who made an effort to get to know us. Overall, a very nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment