Monday, December 3, 2012

London: Days 77-79

Saturday was another frigid day in London, with temperatures barely climbing out of the 30s.  I slept in a little bit before going for my run and eating breakfast; I then sat down in order to finish editing two of my five papers due on Thursday.  That took me two hours, and at 2:30 I went downtown to do some of my Christmas shopping before coming back to my room, eating dinner, and watching Man United win a crazy 4-3 game in my flat.  At 8, I headed downtown again to Piccadilly Circus to watch the SEC Championship game, which Alabama won at around 1 AM local time.  It was worth it, but I didn't get to bed until 2.
Sunday, I slept in again after my late night and went for my run before doing some more editing of papers and then watching football downtown with some friends.  I was home by 9 at that point and went to bed early in what was a very quiet and relaxed day.
Monday was a lot warmer, so I was able to go for my run around 9 without my hands freezing, which was a bonus compared to the last week.  I then went downtown to do some more paper editing and sourcing, nearing the very end of my work for the semester.  By that time, it was only 3, so I took the tube down to Tower Hill and walked around the Tower of London, the Tower Bridge, and the HMS Belfast along the Thames before coming home, cooking dinner, and watching some TV.  With class early the next day, I was in bed by 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment